Saturday, April 19, 2014

Proud to be born as a woman!

I used to envy guys standing in a corner and talking for hours!
I used to envy men who used to backpack and tour around the world alone!
I used to envy their freedom in many ways!
I used to envy their friendship!
I used to envy how they not get in to silly fights!

But nowadays everytime I see a tiny little baby,
I felt so proud for being a woman!

Arithu arithu manudarai pirathal arithu!
Athilum kun kurudu indri pirathal arithu!
Athanilum mangaiyarai pirapatharke mathavam seithida vendumama! So True!


Be ........lated Happy womens day hee hee to all the great women out there!


Random thought phase1:

Though it is embarrasing to write about it, recently in our apartment we faced this problem, people threw it in the toilet I guess wrapped it in plastic covers!!!. So gobbling that embarresment I am writing about it.

How to dispose sanitary napkins outside:
1. Always carry a plastic cover as you carry a sanitary napkin.


2. If you are outside  when you dispose it, if you dont have plastic cover, wrap it in any newspaper, wastepaper then throw it in the trash.

How to dispose it at home:
1. Place the sanitary pad into its plastic wrapper if you have saved it. Otherwise, wrap it several times with toilet paper.
2. Put the sanitary pad into the trash. It's helpful to have a small wastebasket in your bathroom for this purpose. 
 
We all know it, but still when I use public toilets I could see the pads lying there just like that, and thats even more horrible than using our (indian) public toilets. And in our apartment we faced plumbing problem with 2 weeks blockages and flooding. When we asked the reason,  person who did the cleaning was shy enough and said he found plastic bags and sanitary napkin in the toilet pipe, and society people made a notice to inform the owners and tenants. I should say most and all of the people in my apartment are educated. So if it is the case in a place like this no wonder our public toilets are horrible. So when we convey awareness about sanitary napkins in schools I guess we should add this point too, how to dispose it without disgusting other women. Still it needs lots of guts to throw it like that! bravo to them :P
 
Random thought Phase II
Is it possible to demand our government atleast to keep the toilets in tourist attractions clean? Is it possible to hand it to private companies and if they didnt do their job well sue them off? I am absolutely upset, another thing I envy about men, they dont need toilets but for women it is horrible to go out and find the toilets in non usable conditions with no water. ugh One simple example: Pune Sinhagad fort toilet

No comments: